Friday, April 18, 2008

Hey out there.

As my title suggests, I am alonely negro. Not also, but "alonely" state always seems to catch me off guard. I prefer this term to alone or lonely because neither necessarily has to be the same. You can be alone, but definitely not lonely. You feel lonely by yourself, or in a room full of your favorite friends. Alonely is almost a feeling a total separation from everything around you, like the world just decided to freeze your consciousness out of it. But that's not the purpose of this blog.

This will be my 2nd, no 3rd attempt at starting a blog. I'll write about all the things that are affecting me at any one time. Whether it's the being gay, school ( Morehouse), Atlanta (most unsustainable city on Earth, well, second to Las Vegas anyway), being black, or anything that is most affecting me at the time. I'm putting it all here.

It's been twenty years for me, and I am ready to start feeling normal. I'm ready to have a relationship not based solely on sex, a group of friends that don't need a ride everyday, and a greater sense of what kind of person I want to be.

Mood: Angst
Currently Listening: "Hurt" by Johnny Cash
Random Quote: "Black people don't live in trailer parks, it's a cultural thing." - Ariel W. like, huh?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Blog - As I browsed your blog it held my attention to no end. I'll be back for more ... We also have to get you into some activities while home in California.

    ReplyDelete